Setup My Instagram Feed plugin in less than one minute......
Expectations of Your Child’s Behaviour
Do you have realistic expectations of your child’s behaviour?
- Young children have short attention spans and need to move, they cannot sit still for long periods of time especially if they do not have something interesting to do.
- Every child is unique and some children have shorter attention spans and need to move more frequently than other children. (The range of normal is quite broad.)
- Children need structure to help them learn to manage their behavior.
- Provide them with clearly and simply defined limits for the situations in which they find themselves.
- Provide them with as many opportunities as possible to engage in physical activities that they enjoy.
- Monitor their activities and redirect when necessary.
- When they are behaving give them positive feedback. Let them know when you are pleased with their behaviour not just when you are not!