Cooling Stations for the BC Heatwave
It is so HOT! Please stay safe and stay hydrated!
Cities throughout the Lower Mainland have made cooling stations available for people needing a place to cool off safely.
Here are the cooling centres listed for Burnaby, New West and Vancouver. For a more comprehensive list for the entire Lower Mainland, including other places to cool down, and spray and water parks, check out News1130’s article here
– Edmonds Community Centre at 7433 Edmonds St. (open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
– McGill Library at 4595 Albert St. (open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
– Bob Prittie Metrotown Library at 6100 Willingdon Ave. (open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
– Century House at 620 Eighth Street (open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
– Queensborough Community Centre at 920 Ewen Avenue (Monday, June 28 and Tuesday, June 29 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Britannia at 1661 Napier St.
Carnegie at 401 Main St.
Champlain Heights at 3350 Maquinna Dr.
Coal Harbour at 480 Broughton St.
Creekside at 1 Athletes Way
Douglas Park at 801 W. 22nd Ave.
Dunbar at 4747 Dunbar St.
Evelyn Saller at 320 Alexander St.
False Creek at 1318 Cartwright St.
Gathering Place at 609 Helmcken St.
Hastings at 3096 E. Hastings St.
Hillcrest at 4575 Clancy
Kensington at 5175 Dumfries St.
Kerrisdale at 5851 W. Boulevard
Killarney at 6260 Killarney St.
Kitsilano at 2690 Larch St.
Marpole-Oakridge at 990 W. 59th Ave.
Mount Pleasant at 1 Kingsway
Ray-Cam Cooperative at 920 E. Hastings
Renfrew Park at 2929 E. 22nd Ave.
Roundhouse at 181 Roundhouse Mews
Strathcona at 601 Keefer St.
Sunset at 6810 Main St.
Thunderbird at 2311 Cassiar St.
Trout Lake at 3360 Victoria Dr.
West End at 870 Denman St.
West Point Grey at 4397 W. 2nd Ave.